Noah Demarest’s CV
To be engaged in the sustainable design of human environments.
- M.L.A. ‘02 Cornell University
- B.S. Design and Environmental Analysis ‘98 Cornell University
- Registered Architect in New York State
- Registered Landscape Architect in New York State
- LEED Accredited professional
- Member of City of Ithaca Planning & Development Board
- Member Ithaca Green Building Alliance
- Member of Sustainable Enterprise and Entrepreneur Network
- Member LocalFirst Ithaca
- 2012 – Present STREAM Collaborative Architecture + Landscape Architecture DPC
- Principal + CEO
- 2007 – 2012 Trowbridge Wolf Michaels Landscape Architects LLP
- Sr. Landscape Architect
- 2005 – 2007 Union Studio (formerly Donald Powers Architects) – Providence, RI
- Project Manager
- 1998 – 2005 Tallman & Demarest Architects, LLP – Ithaca, NY
- Architectural Designer
- 2004 – 2007 Sunnywood Designs Inc. – Ithaca, NY
- Board of Directors
- 2001 – 2005 Deviron, LLC – Ithaca, NY
- Principal Designer and CEO
- 1998 –1999 Demarest Studios – Ithaca, NY
- Freelance Designer
- Spring 2013 Cornell University – Ithaca, NY
- Instructor: Introduction to Autodesk Revit and Building Information Modeling
- Fall 2010 – 2012 TC3.Biz – Ithaca, NY
- Revit Level 1 & 2– Intro & Advanced Autodesk Revit Architecture
- Spring 2011 – 2012 TC3.Biz – Ithaca, NY
- Introduction to Sketchup
- Spring 2004 Cornell University – Ithaca, NY
- Instructor: Integrating Theory & Practice Senior Landscape Architecture studio.
- Fall 2001 Cornell University – Ithaca, NY
- Teaching Assistant: Site Engineering II – advanced site grading for graduate and undergraduate students
- AutoCAD – Release 12 through 2012
- AutoDesk Revit – advanced parametric Building Information Modeling beginning with version 4.0 through 2012.
- SketchUp Pro – expert user including teaching experience in 3D modeling, rendering and presentation
- Adobe Suite – advanced techniques in vector and raster digital manipulation including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Microsoft Office – experienced user of complete suite
w/ Trowbridge Wolf Michaels Landscape Architects LLP
- Belle Sherman Cottages – site design for 19 market rate single family homes and 10 townhouse units in Ithaca, NY (LEED ND pending)
- Holly Creek Townhouses – site design for 22 affordable townhouse units developed by Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services (LEED Homes pending)
- Chestnut Street Duplexes – site design for 4 duplex units for Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services (LEED Homes pending)
- Streetscape, Pavilion and Elizabeth Cady Stanton Overlook in Seneca Falls, NY
- Lehigh Valley Trail Rochester Junction Pavilion – Mendon, NY
- Southtowns Connector trail enhancements – site design and pavilion along Buffalo, NY Outer Harbor waterfront.
- The Village at SUNY Oswego – site design for the 350 bed student townhouses (LEED Homes Silver)
- SUNY Oswego Science and Technology Building – site design (LEED NC pending)
- SUNY Oneonta Milne Library Plaza – site design
w/ Union Studio (formerly Donald Powers Architects)
- American Cottage – construction documents for award winning single-family residence in Warwick, NY.
- Westport Residence – construction documents for award winning residence in Westport, MA.
- Catherine Place – eight affordable housing units in Bristol, RI.
- Parkis Avenue Redevelopment – Job Captain for historic tax credit project including the renovation and new construction of affordable condominium units in Providence, RI North Elmwood neighborhood.
- San Juan Passage – Job Captain for site planning and conceptual design of 100 market rate units in Seattle, WA.
w/ Tallman & Demarest Architects
- YMCA of Ithaca and Tompkins County – construction documents and visualization
- Lansing, NY Town Hall – construction documents
- Lakeview Golf Course Feasibility Study – primary author of economic analysis and summary of recommendations
- Ithaca Shopping Plaza – architectural designer for conceptual facade improvements
- Benson Residence (Lansing, NY) – Job captain for construction documents, in collaboration with Balance Studios, for earth berm off-grid home with SIPS, ICFs, green roof, straw bale, timberframe, renewable energy systems.
- Bowes Residence – Architectural designer and job captain for craftsman style lake house on Cayuga Lake integrating SIPS with timber frame detailing.
- Sidle Residence – Job captain for contemporary home in Ithaca, NY based on the form of Buckminster Fuller’s “vector equilibrium” a.k.a cuboctahedron.
- Manning Residence/Studio – Architectural designer and job captain for construction documents of addition.
w/ Deviron LLC
- Tompkins County Goverment main portal website
- Green Resource HUB Website design
- Ithaca Farmer’s market website design
- NYU Institute for Civil Infrastructure Systems website design
- Mario Salvadori Institute website design
- Cornell NutritionWorks website
- Advanced Design Consulting website design
- Insights international Incorporated logo and website design
- Knewstub Marine logo design